The word Reiki is translated as "universal life energy" and you will see why! Unlike many alternative medicines, Reiki in Porto - or elsewhere in the country - is not used as a diagnostic technique.
Its purpose is to complement and assist the healing process by balancing it physically, psychically, emotionally and spiritually.
How Reiki works
Reiki does not heal but increases the patient's ability to heal alone because it produces a state of deep relaxation that relieves stress and therefore the problem.
In this energy therapy the results vary from person to person and even among people with the same problem: one may have an almost immediate cure and another may not feel improvement.
For this reason Reiki should be used not as a substitute but as a complementary therapy to the action of any medical practice as it relaxes and balances the various systems: physical, psychic, emotional and spiritual.
What are the results of Reiki?
Reiki gives you great results!
Boosts the body's defenses to overcome infections, boost the immune system, relieve states of depression and tiredness, eliminate drug side effects, potentiate beneficial drug effects, reduce anxiety before a chemical operation or treatment, and even increase the capacity of recovery after a surgical intervention!
Reiki is a holistic therapy with Japanese origin, created by the Japanese Buddhist Mikao Usui. From the Japanese, reiki - meaning "mysterious atmosphere" and derived from the mandarin "língqì" - "supernatural influence", the word reiki is now translated as "universal energy of life."
Unlike many alternative and holistic medicines, Reiki is not a diagnostic technique. However it is used as complementary therapy that assists in the healing process, by revitalizing and balancing each patient physically, emotionally, psychically and spiritually.
There are 5 principles of Reiki that should be followed by those who practice this technique, especially by therapists:
- I am Calm - Ikaruna - 怒るな
- I Trust - Shinpaisuna - 心配すな
- I Am Grateful – Kanshashite -感謝して
- I Work Hard - Gyo wo hageme -業をはけめ
- I Am Kind - Hito ni shinsetsu ni -人に親切に
The use of Reiki, as complementary therapy, has several benefits:
- Pain Relief
- Emotional Relief
- Cleans and clarifies the energy field
- Improves blood circulation
- Relief of symptoms derived from other treatments, such as surgeries, chemotherapy and radiotherapy
- Improves the lymphatic system
- Relief of symptoms from several diseases or hormonal states, such as: sinusitis, rhinitis, menopause, asthma, arthritis, insomnia, depression and anxiety
- Reduces stress
- Relax and balance the four holistic systems: physical, psychic, emotional and spiritual.